Our First Appointment
My first session with you is offered at a reduced rate (see Section about Fees). This is a chance for us to meet and decide how we can best work together, although there is no obligation on you to continue to come if you decide not to. Some other things we can talk about are:
• your reasons for coming to counselling
• how I work and am able to help you
• what you are hoping to gain from coming to counselling
• how long counselling might last
It is also important for you to ask any questions of your own and you may want to think about these before we meet. Writing them down beforehand can sometimes be helpful.
• Counselling usually takes place on a weekly basis and at the same time each week.
• Sessions last for 50 minutes.
• We will regularly review how the sessions are going (usually every 6-8 sessions). However do let me know if there is anything you are not happy about in between times, so that we can talk through the issue together and hopefully resolve it.
- Initial session – £25
- Subsequent sessions – £40 per session
- Some concessions are available, so please ask me for further details.
- Fees are payable at the end of each session, by cash.
If you are unable to attend a session for any reason please let me know as soon as possible in advance. If sessions are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, then a full charge for the session is still required.